Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm alive!!!!!!!!

This is going to be a super-duper-über-tiny post because I only have a few more minutes of free Wi-Fi. Not joking. Well, I'm in the Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris and things could not be any fuzzier. I woke up at 5:30am and have not slept since! YAY! Basically I think I went through the exchange student wave of emotions all in 24 hours - excited beyond belief, especially at the airport where I got to meet Diatou, my host sister who is now in Northfield and when we were waiting in line (little sleep plus nerves and excitement is bad news for me...) extreme sadness to leave my friends and family, things got better once I saw the other girls (Nicole, Singer, and Ingrid) from my district who will also be living in France, more excitement, now exhaustion, and soon excitement again as I meet my host family. As a side-note, I was told that Kiana's host sister who is living here recognized me (pointed and said, "that's Maggie!") in a picture from when I got to meet an exchange student from India who knows Aish and Erik and is living in Minneapolis this year. First of many crazy rotary connections right there :)
I can't say thank you enough to all of you who helped me prepare to leave on this amazing (crazy!) experience! My real blog is already written and will be up shortly along with a host family update once I arrive.
Au revoir from Charles de Gaulle, Paris,
Maggie

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yup, it definitely sounds like you.... If I could have done anything to prevent you from being sleep deprived I would have!-I've seen you that way before. Sorry buddy my magic powers don't work that way. haha. Have a great first couple of weeks in France! They have been amazing for me (obviously not in France but in Japan) and I can't wait to hear about yours!

    ReplyDelete