Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

The One You've All Been Waiting For


It’s amazing how important Madge has become not only to me, but to even to the people I talk to on Skype. She could have a whole hoard of groupies (Kiana deserves a spot here) and doesn’t even know it. You guys simply cannot imagine how excited I am to be writing this blog, not only because I will finally be unveiling Madge’s head-banging playlist, but also some of the best stories yet.
                 
                  First and foremost, I learned Madge’s real name. I reacted in just about the same way that a kid does when first learning where babies come from; it was inevitable, yet it felt like all I had known was a lie. Well, maybe I’m overreacting a little bit, but it’s MADGE we’re talking about! Just for kicks and giggles, I would like anyone willing to take a stab at guessing Madge’s real name to post a comment down below and in my next post I will reveal it. But don’t worry, she will always be a Madge to me and I will continue to refer to her accordingly.

                  On a particularly crazy day, two younger boys on my bus, whom I swear have Red Bull running in their veins, would not stop bugging these two girls. When Madge told them to knock it off, their energy turned on themselves and they started to hit each other. We never have any fights on the bus, just friendly combat every once in a while, and this was no exception. They were soon separated, one at the back of the bus and the other near Madge and her two boys up front. That didn’t stop them; it just added a little more agility and danger to their game. One boy started their little game of “punch tag” by running down the aisle, giving his friend a punch in the arm and running and screaming back to his seat in the back of the bus. The other ran after him and did the same. Then Madge did the same. She stopped the bus and lumbered down the aisle with false fury in her eyes. In truth, she loves these days where a little craziness is stirred up and it’s not even her that had to create it. Madge told the one boy in front of me to hold up his hand and hit it as his punishment and moved over to the other kid to give him what for. She took his head in both her hands and pretended to bang it on the window (don’t worry, bang is a really harsh word for what she actually did). All the while everyone was laughing at this comical, yet amusingly normal scene.

                  Here comes the epic-est story of all Madge-ical moments. Our last day of school was Friday and of course you all know that I gave a flag and Reese’s to Madge that morning, but what I kept from you was what happened after school.

                  This crazy friend of mine asked me to sit by him on the bus in the back which surprised me because he’s besties with Madge and always hangs out in the front in order to bug her and crank the volume up on the radio. He started shouting random inappropriate things to his friend so naturally, Madge yelled back. When he wouldn’t stop, she hit the brakes and pulled over so she could run down the aisle and smack him upside the head. Man, I picked the BEST day to sit by that guy because who was in the middle of what turned out to be a brawl? None other than yours truly.
                 
                  So there I was in the middle of Madge and this guy (he’s not a small guy, either…) duking it out and pulling on each other. I can’t say I didn’t come out of it unharmed, but I was laughing the entire time. The guy managed to maintain a tight grip on Madge’s arm but she was too stubborn to slip out of her coat right away. When she finally gave into the chants of everyone on the bus, including the two adults in the front of the bus (I swear, if someone is going to take her place on our bus route, I will cry.), she twirled out of her coat. To our great surprise, Madge had sported a special Christmas outfit that included a red velvet shirt with a keyhole top. Needless to say, as she proudly strutted back to the wheel with my friend’s black cap as a souvenir of war, she was accompanied by catcalls.

                  Meanwhile, my friend had successfully stolen Madge’s Santa hat and coat. When he decided to give them back he left me to go sit up front. Unfortunately for him, he left his phone on the seat… Madge saw that I was alone and scolded the guy for leaving me alone (yes she called me by name, and yes we’re like best friends now) but I held up my friend’s phone and gave her a big grin. After he came back to get his phone, I had to break it to him – his phone was in the hands of his lovely friends in the back. He was pretty pissed and didn’t believe me at first, but after a few minutes his phone was returned.

                  That was by far the best bus ride ever in my book. I hope you enjoyed my Madge stories and don’t forget to guess her real name in the comments part – it’s nice to know who reads my blog J.

                  And now for the cherry on top:

Pursuit of Happiness (this is her favorite) 

Ciao,
Maggie

5 comments:

  1. I would guess but you already told me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good responses! Singer, I don't regret telling you one bit! It's a huge deal :D haha - and thanks for guessing, but I'm still looking for the right name! haha, Joan of Arc ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's not Margaret! You'd be, like, SISTERS!!!

    ReplyDelete